|“||The floppy-eared one shall be our leader!||”|
The students of Jefferson County Middle School are going on a field trip to the Museum of Natural History. Along the way, Milo, Zack and Melissa's subway car derails and careens into an abandoned tunnel. While trying to find their way to the museum, they encounter a society of construction workers who have been underground for a month.
Milo, Melissa, Zack, and their classmates from Jefferson County Middle School enter a subway station in order to travel to the Natural History Museum. While enroot, however, the car that the three enter becomes detached from the rest of the train and ends up going down the wrong track. Surviving the mishap, the trio encounter the Undergrounders, a group of construction workers who have been lost in the underbelly of the city for about a month. The group have formed their own society they have dubbed Subterranis, where they live among various leavings of surface civilization and eat rats.
At the museum's gift shop, the teacher is agonizing over the absence of Milo and the others while Bradley Nicholson states the fact to Mort that Milo's absence is allowing him to get more attention, though he fears it cannot last. Back underground, the trio and the Undergrounders are found by Diogee, whom Milo realizes can lead the group home due to his uncanny sense of direction. They then follow the dog only for Milo and Melissa to become trapped in a cave-in, forcing Zack to go to their rescue. Diogee then leads the group to an abandoned subway car that takes them into the museum, reuniting Milo and his friends with their classmates. Most of the Undergrounders then leave to return to their normal lives, though Scott opts to return to the underground.
For a full transcript of "The Undergrounders", click here.
Diogee, Go Home!
Milo: Diogee always knows the way home. Diogee, go home!
|The image gallery for "The Undergrounders" may be viewed here.|
Zack: Melissa, is there a time you haven't forgotten something?
Melissa: Yeah, February 30th, or 31st. I forget.
Zack: Neither of those are dates.
Mort: So, that's what a runaway train car looks like! I'll be honest, I'm a little disappointed.
Melissa: Zack, are you by any chance claustro...
Zack: Not claustrophobic, just claustroavoident. I avoid enclosed spaces whenever possible.
Melissa: Kind of not possible at the moment.
Zack: It's better if I'm distracted.
Milo: Okay, wiat. (tap dances)
Zack: Not helping.
Milo: How about this?
(Milo and Melissa decorate the subway car with posters of various locations in Paris, while accordian music plays in the background; cut to reveal that Milo is the one playing the music)
Zack: Okay, now I'm distracted. Have you been carrying that this entire time?
Milo: I try to pack for every evnentuality. Now, let's see about getting those doors open. (pulls a key out of his backpack) Ah, here we go!
Zack: Okay, next time, key first, tap dancing later.
Zack: How long have you been down here?
Scott: Since... the before times...
Foreman: About a month, actually. We were building an extension on this line, but we got lost, so we decided we better establish a new civilization.
Milo: Wow! You started a civilization in a month?
Foreman: You'd be surprised how much you're able to get done when you're not constantly setting up and moving orange cones.
Melissa: Are you really gonna eat that?
Zack: I'm trying to distract myself from the walls closing in on us! I wonder what part of the chicken this is?
(A shot of Zack's rat-shaped food is briefly shown)
Melissa: The rat part.
Milo: Wait, Diogee, our leader?
Melissa: We are not starting our own civilization!
- On September 19, 2016, the episode became available for free streaming on iTunes and Amazon.
- On September 26, 2016, the episode became available to watch early on the Disney XD App and Video On Demand.
- October 17, 2016 (Canada)
- December 31, 2016 (Latin America; Sneak Premiere)
- January 10, 2017 (Spain)
- January 28, 2017 (Latin America; Official)
- February 10, 2017 (Southeast Asia)
- February 13, 2017 (Japan)
- February 16, 2017 (Germany)
- July 2, 2017 (Israel)
- A promotional video for Milo Murphy's Law showed Vinnie Dakota and Balthazar Cavendish appearing in the background while Milo gets stuck at the turnstile at the subway. They disappeared during the aired episode, but oddly the pistachio cart remains.
- Scott eventually does move back above ground by the events of Battle of the Bands.
- The tune Milo plays on his accordion was previously used in the Phineas and Ferb episode, Run Away Runway to introduce Gaston Le Monde.
- His statement of "trying to be prepared for any eventuality" is also a quote once used by the former titular character.
- One of the statues in the Undergrounders' civilization resembles the statue of liberty.
- Dani Vetere's name is misspelled as Dani Veteri in the credits.
- When Mort grabs rose quartz from the box, the quantity inside it doesn't change...
Cast and Characters
- Al Yankovic as Milo Murphy
- Sabrina Carpenter as Melissa Chase
- Mekai Curtis as Zack Underwood
- Laraine Newman as Ms. White
- Dee Bradley Baker as Diogee
- Vincent Martella as Bradley Nicholson
- Greg Cipes as Mort Schaeffer
- Chrissie Fit as Amanda Lopez
- The Undergrounders
- Joni (Cameo)
- ↑ https://www.disneyabcpress.com/disneyxd/shows/milo-murphys-law/episodes/
- ↑ http://tvschedule.zap2it.com/tv/milo-murphys-law/episode-guide/EP02363096?aid=tvschedule
"Rooting for the Enemy"
"The Doctor Zone Files"