|“||So over the weekend you will be building a container inside of which you will put an egg. Your grade will be based off only one criteria: When dropped from the roof of the school, will the egg break?||”|
In Ms. Murawski's class, the students receive an assignment to construct a device that will protect an egg from as much damage as possible after it is dropped from the top of the school gym. Milo, Melissa, and Zack end up working together and, after purchasing a sizeable number of eggs in anticipation of Milo-related catastrophe, begin testing prototypes in Milo's backyard. After destroying thousands of eggs and dozens of devices, they finally produce a successful device that they dub Big Bertha. Left with only one apparent surviving egg, Melissa takes charge of it while Zack takes Big Bertha home to keep it safe for the night. Both dream of disasters but then they wake up to find that nothing is amiss, while Milo has a dream of waking up to find his room intact only to wake up and find that a tree has crashed through the window in the night, which is true to form.
After arriving at school the following day, the three are horrified when what they believe is their last egg gets smashed. Fortunately, Milo discovers one that he had placed in his pocket earlier which remained intact. After watching the other groups in the class test their devices, with the majority of them failing miserably, Milo and Zack deploy Big Bertha. Upon landing, the construct is sent flying by a delivery truck and then goes on a series of misadventures as the boys watch helplessly, before finally coming back and crashing into the delivery truck, which is full of eggs, with explosive force. Miraculously, the egg survives intact despite Big Bertha's demise, and Milo's group is given the top grade, though Diogee promptly consumes the lone surviving egg.
For a full transcript of "Sunny Side Up", click here.
|The image gallery for "Sunny Side Up" may be viewed here.|
Ms. Murawski: You'll need to separate into teams of three.
(everyone slumps under their desks, leaving only Milo, Melissa, and Zack)
Ms. Murawski: So, I guess you three are a team, then?
Melissa: (turns around) Cowards!
Melissa: Bring it on! I eat eggs for breakfast.
Bradley: Yeah, so do all of us.
Zack: I got eight dozen eggs, which should last us till...
(Milo opens the door, smashing one of the bags of eggs)
Zack: Like I said, I got four dozen eggs.
Milo: So, shall we get crackin'?
Zack: That's egg-xactly...
Melissa: No! No egg puns!
Zack: Did you just put an egg in your pocket?
Zack: Yeah, that's not gonna end well.
Milo: (wakes up, sees that his room is completely intact) Well, that is peculiar!
(cut to Milo waking up again, this time turning to see that a tree has crashed through his window)
Milo: Yeah, that's more like it!
Ms. Murawski: You know, I made that pencil you're holding.
Ms. Murawski: Bradley's team is the one to beat!
Bradley: Yeah!!! (boastfully points to random people) In your face, other people!
Mort: I'm on your team!
Milo: Well, I guess the yolk's on...
Melissa: I said no egg puns!
- October 24, 2016 (Canada)
- January 12, 2017 (Spain)
- January 28, 2017 (Latin America)
- February 10, 2017 (Southeast Asia)
- February 14, 2017 (Japan)
- July 3, 2017 (Israel)
- This concept art was used based off of this episode.
- Zack's House is seen for the first time.
- When this episode premiered on Disney Channel, it was paired with Going the Extra Milo.
- Among the list of "Egg Drop Hazards", the hazards include:
- A two-story drop.
- A wood door.
- A tree branch.
- A Size 8 1/2 sneaker.
- Zack's butt (much to his annoyance).
- A raccoon attack.
- A freak hammer.
- A second tree branch.
- A mad goat.
- A runaway blender.
- A fine axe.
- A clipboard stretcher.
- A sewing machine.
- Bad vibes.
- Acts of Diogee.
- Additional things.
- The Simpsons: Ms. Murawski retrieving an egg from her hair is an allusion to Marge Simpson, of "The Simpsons", who stores items in her hair.
- Phineas and Ferb: One of the contraptions crashing into a pigeon could be an allusion to a common gag in "Phineas and Ferb" where a pigeon would crash into one of the very tall projects of the day.
- The doorbell button and the door latch are on the opposite sides from their usual place when Zack arrives with his eggs at Milo's House.
- Also, the door opens outward rather than inward, the porch light is hung from a chain instead of mounted on the wall and the window to the right of the door is missing.
- Ms. Murawski warns the students to, "take into account acceleration speed." Acceleration is a rate and by its very nature is not a fixed speed.
- Though she may be referring to the added speed an object would gain on its way down from the roof due to acceleration.
- Pamela Adlon is credited in both this episode and Going the Extra Milo, despite Brigette Murphy not appearing in either episode.
- When Melissa and Zack are bringing Big Bertha to class, Lydia is shown walking away from Melissa and then a few seconds later when Zack and Melissa are running to class, she is shown on the opposite end of the hallway talking to another student. A similar error occurs for Casey, Haley, and Matt.
- Sarah and Jemma are seen handling an egg container in class, but on the roof, another team drops this container and their team drops a different one.
- Chrissie Fit is credited in this episode despite Amanda Lopez not having any lines.
- Al Yankovic as Milo
- Sabrina Carpenter as Melissa
- Mekai Curtis as Zack
- Vincent Martella as Bradley
- Greg Cipes as Mort
- Diedrich Bader as Martin
- Dee Bradley Baker as Diogee
- Chrissie Fit as Amanda
- Sarah Chalke as Ms. Murawski
- ↑ https://www.disneyabcpress.com/disneyxd/shows/milo-murphys-law/episodes/
- ↑ http://tvschedule.zap2it.com/tv/milo-murphys-law/episode-guide/EP02363096?aid=tvschedule
- ↑ http://tvschedule.zap2it.com/tv/milo-murphys-law-rooting-for-the-enemy-sunny-side-up/EP023630960002?aid=tvschedule
- ↑ http://www.disney.co.jp/tv/dc/recommend/1702.html
Going the Extra Milo (initial broadcast)
Rooting for the Enemy (intended order)
Rooting for the Enemy (initial broadcast)
The Doctor Zone Files (intended order)