|“||I guess it's the time to get him into the llama club, Milo!||”|
— Melissa referring to Zack
Confident and self-assured, Melissa is smart, if sometimes a little scattered. She was the first person brave enough to befriend Milo, and is fiercely loyal and supportive of him. She's calm and controlled and loves when Murphy's Law shakes things up. Even though Milo says that he doesn't think anyone would call him "tough", she refers to him as such in front of Bradley and his friends (Going the Extra Milo). She says that a tremendous portion of her self-esteem depends on her school grades (Sunny Side Up). From the same episode, she doesn't like egg puns. She wants to become a journalist or Queen of the universe (Worked Day). She has a tendency to lose her personal belongings, such as her student discount card (The Undergrounders) or her math book (The Math Book). She seems to enjoy betting on the results of Murphy's Law, which she often wins. In Going the Extra Milo, she bet Bradley and everyone who was interested Milo and Zack would reach school on time, getting their lunches for them and in Worked Day, she bet Zack that Milo and his father being in the same place would increase the danger, winning a dollar from him.
Melissa is a slender girl, with caucasian skin, wavy shoulder-length ginger hair, and blue eyes. She wears a white elbow-lengthed jacket, a black shirt, pink skirt, and pink and white sneakers with white socks. She usually wears a smug expression.
In Secrets and Pies, she shows that her two front teeth are fake, as she caught a pop fly in her face, though they can not be differentiated from the other teeth.
As indicated by some of her photos in Missing Milo, she met Milo at a very early age.
Melissa is close with her father but gets annoyed when he describes everything he does while doing it to her.
Melissa has been very good friends with him for years. She has complete faith that although Milo gets into accidents, he will always get where he needs to be on time. She thinks that Milo's tough, and that only a coward wouldn't want to spend time with him. (In Sunny Side Up, she sees that their classmates hide to make sure to not be in Milo's team, she call them "cowards"). She doesn't seem to mind Milo's misfortune, as shown in Party of Peril where she is the only one not behind protective glass as Milo prepares to blow the candles on his birthday cake. She cares for him deeply, as she does as much as she can to make people come to Milo's surprise birthday party.
As Zack is new to their school, Melissa has only known him for a short time. They get along well, however when Melissa is more brave and fearless, Zack tends to get nervous and scared a lot, causing Melissa to cheer him on in many occasions. She is annoyed when he is too realistic. (In The Math Book, where Zack points out several times that they aren't on a quest but just looking for the school janitor.)
Bradley shows interest in Melissa and tries to spend time with her and take her far from Milo. But Melissa always turns him down politely, as she would rather spend time with Milo.
Mort and Melissa are on friendly terms with each other.
Amanda and Melissa are on friendly terms with each other.
Melissa is close to Lydia as they have each other's phone numbers and the later once asked her if she would like to go to malls.
Melissa is often annoyed by Chad's antics, such as scolding him for popping up from behind her desk and thinking Mr. Drako is a vampire.
|The image gallery for "Melissa Chase" may be viewed here.|
- Melissa is named after creator Dan Povenmire's youngest daughter, similar to how Isabella on Phineas and Ferb was named after the Dan's oldest daughter.
- In Party of Peril, Mort asks Melissa if her dad was a paramedic which she answers "yes", but in Worked Day we see him working as a fireman. This could possibly be due to real life firefighters being trained paramedics as first-responders on the scenes.
- In Murphy's Lard, Melissa reveals that she has a fear of rollercoasters after one suspended by a helicopter with a magnet nearly fell on her on the first day of last summer. It appears to be the rollercoaster built by Phineas and Ferb in their pilot episode, Rollercoaster.
- Melissa is one of only seven characters whose eyes have pupils.
- In Missing Milo, it is revealed that Melissa has a room filled with pictures of Milo, his incidents, and some of his past possessions. She claims that she is using them to better understand Murphy's Law.
- Interestingly, Melissa seems to be drawn after her voice actress.
- Meliisa being brave and calm in the face of adversity is similar to Wendy Couduroy from Gravity Falls.
- Going the Extra Milo
- Sunny Side Up
- Rooting for the Enemy
- The Undergrounders
- The Doctor Zone Files
- The Note
- Party of Peril
- Smooth Opera-tor
- Worked Day
- The Wilder West
- Family Vacation
- Murphy's Lard
- Secrets and Pies
- The Substitute
- We're Going to the Zoo (minor role)
- School Dance
- Battle of the Bands
- The Math Book
- The Little Engine That Couldn't
- The Llama Incident
- Missing Milo
- Star Struck
- Disaster of My Dreams
- A Clockwork Origin
- Perchance to Sleepwalk
- Some Like it Yacht
- Backward to School Night
- World Without Milo
- The Race
- Love Toboggan
- The Island of Lost Dakotas
- Fungus Among Us
- Milo's Halloween Scream-a-Torium!
|Milo Murphy's Law|