|“||I guess it's the time to get him into the llama club, Milo!||”|
— Melissa referring to Zack
Confident and self-possessed, Melissa is smart if sometimes a little scattered. She was the first person brave enough to befriend Milo, and is fiercely loyal, and supportive of him. In fact, she does as much as she can to make people come to Milo's surprise birthday party. She's calm and controlled and loves when Murphy's Law shakes things up. Even though Milo says that he doesn't think anyone would call him "tough", she refers to him as such in front of Bradley and his friends (Going the Extra Milo). She says that a tremendous portion of her self-esteem depends on her school grades (Sunny Side Up). From the same episode, she doesn't like egg puns. She wants to become a journalist or the queen of the universe (Worked Day). She has a tendency to lose her personal belongings, such as her student discount card in "The Undergrounders" or her math book in "The Math Book". In "Secrets and Pies", she shows that her two front teeth are fake. She reveals that she caught a pop fly in her face. She seems to enjoy betting about Murphy's Law results, which she often wins. In "Going the Extra Milo", she bet Bradley and everyone who was interested Milo and Zack would reach school on time, getting their lunches for them and in "Worked Day", she bet Zack that Milo and his father being in the same place would increase the danger, winning a dollar from him.
Melissa is a slender girl, with slightly pale pink skin, ginger, wavy shoulder length hair, blue eyes, and wears a white elbow length sleeve jacket with a black shirt underneath it, a pink skirt, and pink and white sneakers with white socks. She usually gives a certain look with one eyebrow up. Her two fake front teeths can't be recognised from other teeths.
Melissa is close with her father but gets annoyed when he describes everything he does while doing it to her.
Melissa has been very good friends with him for years. She has complete faith that although Milo gets into accidents, he will always get where he needs to be on time. She thinks that Milo's tough, and that only a coward wouldn't want to spend time with him. (In "Sunny Side Up", as she sees that their classmates hide to make sure to not be in Milo's team, she call them "cowards"). She doesn't seem to mind Milo's misfortune, as shown in "Party of Peril" where she is the only one not behind protective glass as Milo is about to blow the candles on his cake.
As Zack is new to their school, Melissa has only known him for a short time. They get along well, however when Melissa is more brave and fearless, Zack tends to get nervous and scared a lot, causing Melissa to cheer him on in many occasions. She is annoyed when he is too realistic. (In "The Math Book", where Zack points out several times that they aren't in a quest but just looking for the janitor.) As well, she likes when Zack "badgers" her in "Secrets and Pies".
Bradley showed interest in Melissa, and tries to spend time with her and take her far from Milo, but Melissa always turns him down politely, as she would rather spend time with Milo. Bradley may have romantic feelings for Melissa, but it isn't clear yet.
Mort and Melissa are on friendly terms with each other.
Amanda and Melissa are on friendly terms with each other.
Melissa is close to Lydia as they have each other's phone numbers.
Melissa is often annoyed by Chad's antics, such as scolding him for popping up from behind her desk and thinking Mr. Drako is a vampire.
|The image gallery for "Melissa Chase" may be viewed here.|
- Melissa is named after creator Dan Povenmire's daughter, similar to how Isabella on Phineas and Ferb was named after the older of Dan's daughters.
- In "Party of Peril", Mort asks Melissa if her Dad was a paramedic which she answers "yes", but in "Worked Day" we see him working as a fireman. This could possibly be due to real life firefighters being trained paramedics as first-responders on the scenes. Alternatively, it could be a mistake, she has two fathers, or she was lying to convince Mort to go to Milo's birthday party.
- In "Murphy's Lard", Melissa reveals that she has a fear of rollercoasters after one suspended by a helicopter with a magnet nearly fell on her on the first day of summer. It appears to be the rollercoaster built by Phineas and Ferb in their pilot episode, "Rollercoaster".
- Melissa is one of only seven characters whose eyes have pupils.
- Melissa has a room filled with pictures of Milo, incidents involving him and his past possessions in Missing Milo. She claims that this is a way to figure out Murphy's Law.
- She has atleast two similarities with Maya Hart from the Disney Channel sitcom Girl Meets World;
- They are both confident, cool, chicks.
- They are both played by Sabrina Carpenter.
- Interestingly, Melissa seems to be drawn after her voice actress.
- Going the Extra Milo
- Sunny Side Up
- Rooting for the Enemy
- The Undergrounders
- The Doctor Zone Files
- The Note
- Party of Peril
- Smooth Opera-tor
- Worked Day
- The Wilder West
- Family Vacation
- Murphy's Lard
- Secrets and Pies
- The Substitute
- We're Going to the Zoo (Cameo)
- School Dance
- Battle of the Bands
- The Math Book
- The Little Engine That Couldn't
- The Llama Incident
- Missing Milo
|Milo Murphy's Law|