Parents become children during a back to school night held at Jefferson County Middle School.
For Back to School Night Milo brings his dad, Zack brings his mom and Melissa brings her dad to school to talk to the teachers. Meanwhile, Balthazar and Vinnie are coming out of a restaurant when Vinnie shows Balthazar time equipment he stole from Brick and Savannah for them to have fun with. Vinnie accidently fires the age regressor ray and it shrinks his arm before firing off a can again, turning him and the trio's parents and Ms. Murawski into three-year-olds after the ray reflects from the glass of an indoor wind-chime.
Balthazar then arrives at the school with a toddler Vinnie and informs Milo of what happened before Diogee accidently breaks the device and all of the toddlers scatter. Balthazar tries to fix the rat while the trio try to keep their parents out of trouble. They chase the toddlers all around school. (Melissa even reads them the same library book sixteen times.) Balthazar finally fixes the device and tells the children to bring their toddler parents and teacher to the classroom so he can turn them back to normal. After which, the parents watch their baggy-eyed kids sleep while reminiscing about them.
For a full transcript of "Backward to School Night", click here.
|The image gallery for Backward to School Night may be viewed here.|
- Now more people suspect Mr. Drako is a vampire.
- Part of this episode foreshadows the events of The Island of Lost Dakotas when Dakota keeps Cavendish from being hit by a passing car and he flatly states he almost died when Cavendish is surprised by it.
- Diogee interacts with Cavendish and Dakota again. The first time was The Substitute.
- A replacement Lardee Boy costume is being delivered to replace the one lost during Murphy's Lard.
- The perfectly round boulder that rolled through the school in Disaster of My Dreams is seen.
- The title is a parody of the event that took up most of the episode.
- The Sound of Music- Zack mentions that when he is an adult that he can form a family band like the von Trapp singers, in reference to the von Trapp family from the 1965 musical The Sound of Music.
- Milo Murphy
- Zack Underwood
- Melissa Chase
- Mr. Chase
- Eileen Underwood
- Ms. Murawski
- Martin Murphy
- Balthazar Cavendish
- Vinnie Dakota
- Kyle Drako
Some Like it Yacht
World Without Milo